Sunday, April 8

Jesus Calling - April 12th, 2024

Jesus Calling: April 12th

     Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice. My people have not always understood this truth. After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely--but only temporarily. Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the utmost.
     Isn't it often the same way with you? You trust Me when things go well, when you see Me working on your behalf. This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will. When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies. You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you. This choice constitutes a fork in the road. Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My Presence. Choose to trust Me in all circumstances.

RECOMMENDED BIBLE VERSES:
Exodus 15:22-25 NLT
  22 Then Moses led the people of Israel away from the Red Sea, and they moved out into the desert of Shur. They traveled in this desert for three days without finding any water. 23 When they came to the oasis of Marah, the water was too bitter to drink. So they called the place Marah (which means “bitter”). 24 Then the people complained and turned against Moses. “What are we going to drink?” they demanded.
  25 So Moses cried out to the LORD for help, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. Moses threw it into the water, and this made the water good to drink. It was there at Marah that the LORD set before them the following decree as a standard to test their faithfulness to him.

Psalm 31:14 NLT
14 But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, “You are my God!”


Today's Prayer:

Lord,

Trusting You is a moment-by-moment choice. Just as Your people in the wilderness trusted You intensely but temporarily, I too can so easily find my trust wavering when challenges arise. Help me choose to trust You intentionally in all circumstances, staying on the path of Life with You and enjoying Your presence. In your Heavenly name, Amen.

Previous Date's Daily Devotional:
April 11th

Next Date's Daily Devotional:
April 13th

6 comments:

  1. Don't never test God just know his ways always right and a better path for your life in Jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confirmation! Mu faith is being tested! BUT GOD!!!

      Delete
    2. I have loved the Lord most of my life but I was in my senior years before I learned the true lesson of trusting him. I have turned to Jesus after I tried everything else I could think to do and I am sorry to say I was in my 70's before learning to go to him first .I have learned to thank him for the problem, a really hard thing to do when the problem is terrible, and I have learned that Jesus is the first place to go for guidance before trying to tackle a problem myself. How foolish I have been.

      Delete
  2. Choose trust Jesus in ALL your circumstances

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to trust Him consistently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lord.

    Thank You for setting tasks before me yesterday that engaged me and excited me. This day, in the moments when what is set before me is frustrating or annoying, help me to remember to thank You and feel gratitude. I know all that happens teaches me and is part of the journey moving me along the path towards You.

    I thank You and praise everything You send my way.

    In Jesus’ name, Amen

    ReplyDelete