Thursday, August 2

Jesus Calling: September 8th, 2024

Jesus Calling: September 8th

Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.
     On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives--giving up or relying on Me. Even if you wrongly choose the first alternative, I will not reject you. You can turn to Me at any point, and I will help you crawl out of the mire of discouragement. I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence.

RELATED BIBLE VERSES:

Psalm 42:5-6 (NLT)
5 Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and 6 my God!

Additional insight regarding Psalm 42:5: The writer of this psalm was discouraged because he was exiled to a place far from Jerusalem and could not worship in the Temple. During these God-given holidays, the nation was to remember all that God had done for them. Many of these festivals are explained in the chart in Leviticus 23. Depression is one of the most common emotional ailments. One antidote for depression is to meditate on the record of God's goodness to his people. This will take your mind off the present situation as you focus your thoughts on God's ability to help you rather than on your ability to help yourself. When you feel depressed, take advantage of this psalm's antidepressant: Read the Bible's accounts of God's goodness, and meditate on them.


2nd Corinthians 13:4 (NLT)
4 Although he was crucified in weakness, he now lives by the power of God. We, too, are weak, just as Christ was, but when we deal with you [God] we will be alive with him and will have God’s power.

Additional insight regarding 2nd Corinthians 13:4: That we "will be alive with him and will have God's power" should be a comfort to all believers. Christians are not just playing church. We are not in this angry ocean of a world in a rubber raft with a plastic paddle. We are passengers on his Majesty's finest vessel, driven by the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. We may be tempted to underestimate our ability to accomplish what Christ desires. We forget that Christ is on the bridge, directing the ship safely through the rough seas and finally into its eternal port.

Jeremiah 31:25 (NLT)
25 "For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.”


PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: September 7th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: September 9th

3 comments:

  1. Amen 😇🙏 God is good . Everything will work out in the end for our good .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say Rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have struggled with addiction, gambling, and other strongholds in my life.
    I try reading Jesus calling everyday, on those days I feel confident with the hope of the Lord. Amen

    ReplyDelete