Friday, July 13

Jesus Calling: July 29th, 2024

Jesus Calling: July 29th

Come to Me continually. I am meant to be the Center of your consciousness, the Anchor of your soul. Your mind will wander from Me, but the question is how far you allow it to wander. An anchor on a short rope lets a boat drift only slightly before the taut line tugs the boat back toward the center. Similarly, as you drift away from Me, My Spirit within you gives a tug, prompting you to return to Me. As you become increasingly attuned to My Presence, the length of rope on your soul's Anchor is shortened. You wander only a short distance before feeling that inner tug--telling you to return to your true Center in Me.

RELATED SCRIPTURE:

Hebrews 6:19 (NLT)
19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.

Additional insight regarding Hebrews 6:18-19: God embodies all truth; therefore, he cannot lie, and we can be secure in his promises. We don't need to wonder if he will change his purposes and plan. We don't need to wonder if he will change his purposes and plans. Our hope of heaven stands secure and immovable, anchored in God, just as a ship's anchor holds firmly to the seabed. To someone truly seeking who comes to God in belief, God gives an unconditional promise of acceptance. When you ask God with openness, honesty, and sincerity to save you from your sins, he will do it. If this truth gives you encouragement, assurance, and confidence, grasp it tightly. Don't let go no matter what happens around you.

1st John 2:28 (NLT)
Living as Children of God
28 And now, dear children, remain in fellowship with Christ so that when he returns, you will be full of courage and not shrink back from him in shame.

Additional insight regarding 1st John 2:28-29: Our godly actions give visible proof that we are Christians. Many people do good things but don't have faith in Jesus Christ. Others claim to have faith but rarely do anything or good helpful. A deficit in either faith or godly behavior will be cause for remorse when Christ returns. Because true faith always produces good deeds, those who claim to have faith and consistently live out their faith through good deeds are true believers. Good deeds cannot produce salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9), but they are necessary proof that true faith is actually present (James 2:14-17). John had witnessed Jesus continually helping and serving others. All the apostles understood Jesus' priority of helping, serving, and encouraging those around him. 

Matthew 22:37 (NLT)
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.'

Additional insight regarding Matthew 22:37-40: Jesus said that if we truly love God and our neighbors, we will naturally keep the commandments. This is looking at God's law positively. Rather than worrying about all we should not do, let us concentrate on all we can do to show our love for God and others. 

PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: July 28th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: July 30th

9 comments:

  1. I need to work.in that. Lord help me to do so . 🙏 thank you Jesus for your live and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Lord, I missed Your whispering to me in helping my brother and sister when asked for a small amount of coins. Hopefully that won't happen again. Thank you for your loving forgiveness and compassion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    AMEN.AMEN.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    AMEN.AMEN.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    AMEN.AMEN.AMEM

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    I have my Jesus Calling book at home and I am always encouraged when I take the time to read the daily message. I am thankful today that I can read the message on my phone when I am away from home. It makes a world of difference in my day, in my moments, when I carry the days message w/me. And today, how perfect to remember that I am anchored to God no matter where I am, and His love, grace, and goodness are with me. This reading reminds me to keep my thoughts and focus on the Lord and his will for me today. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    I was hospitalized and forgot my Jesus Calling Book, but thank goodness I was able to find it on here. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 29, 2023

    Please ask Jesus to help me love him with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete