Friday, July 13

Jesus Calling: July 28th, 2024

Jesus Calling: July 28th

Let My Love seep into the inner recesses of your being. Do not close off any part of yourself from Me. I know you inside and out, so do not try to present a "cleaned-up" self to Me. Wounds that you shut away from the Light of My Love will fester and become wormy. Secret sins that you "hide" from Me can split off and develop lives of their own, controlling you without your realizing it.
     Open yourself fully to My transforming Presence. Let My brilliant Love-Light search out and destroy hidden fears. This process requires time alone with Me, as My Love soaks into your innermost being. Enjoy My perfect Love, which expels every trace of fear.

RELATED SCRIPTURE:

Psalm 139:1-4 (NLT)
Psalm 139
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.

Additional insight regarding Psalm 139:1-5: Sometimes we don't let people get to know us completely because we are afraid they will discover something about us they won't like. But God already knows everything about us, even the number of hairs on our head (Matthew 10:30), and still he accepts and loves us. God is with us through every situation, in every trial - protecting, loving, guiding. He knows and loves us completely.

Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
    and lead me along the path of everlasting life.

Additional insight regarding Psalm 139:23-24: David asked God to search for sin and point it out, even to the level of testing his thoughts. This is exploratory surgery for sin. How are we to recognize sin unless God points it out? Then, when God shows us, we can repent and be forgiven. Make this verse your prayer. If you ask the Lord to search your heart and your thoughts to reveal your sin, you will be continuing on "the path of everlasting life."

1st John 4:18 (NLT)
18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

Additional insight regarding 1st John 4:18: If we ever are afraid of the future, eternity, or God's judgement, we can remind ourselves of God's love. We know that he loves us perfectly (Romans 8:38,39 - "38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.") We can resolve our fears first by focusing on his immeasurable love for us, and then by allowing him to love others through us. His love will quiet your fears and give you confidence.

PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: July 27th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: July 29th

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus for helping us amd search my heart ❤ and cleanse me and heal 🙏 all of me . AMEN 😇🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lord Jesus 🙏🏾❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 27, 2022

    THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!!! THANK YOU LORD JESUS!!! THANK YOU HOLY SPIRIT!!! In JESUS Name, through the Power of Your HOLY SPIRIT I Pray HEAVENLY FATHER 🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 28, 2023

    thank you Jesus i love you

    ReplyDelete