Friday, July 27

Jesus Calling: August 19th, 2024

Jesus Calling: August 19th

I continually call you to closeness with Me. I know the depth and breadth of your need for Me. I can read the emptiness of your thoughts when they wander away from Me. I offer rest for your soul, as well as refreshment for your mind and body. As you increasingly find fulfillment in Me, other pleasures become less important. Knowing Me intimately is like having a private wellspring of Joy within you. The spring flows freely from My throne of grace, so your Joy is independent of circumstances.
     Waiting on My Presence keeps you connected to Me, aware of all that I offer you. If you feel any deficiency, you need to refocus your attention on Me. This is how you trust Me in the moments of your life.

RELATED SCRIPTURE:

Psalm 131:2 (NLT)
2 Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
    like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
    Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

Psalm 21:6 (NLT)
6 You have endowed him with eternal blessings
    and given him the joy of your presence.

Psalm 37:7 (NLT)
7 Be still in the presence of the Lord,
    and wait patiently for him to act.
Don’t worry about evil people who prosper
    or fret about their wicked schemes.

PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: August 18th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: August 20th

6 comments:

  1. Amen, God is good. This book was first given to me while I was incarcerated, experienced a domestic violence situation and when I called the police I was arrested as well and was sent to Texas where I did 11 months away from my kids. This book pulls at my spirit, always having what I need to hear and helps me focus on where I need to read at in my Bible. Be blessed everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Amen AMEN

      Delete
    2. Peace be with you friend. Keep strong in your faith. God will rescue you

      Delete
    3. Be blessed too!!!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your suffering! I totally disagree with this law! Perhaps Jesus is calling you to become an activist and fight to change it. May God Bless You and Guide You through your next steps! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I was given this book in 2017 when I started Sunday school and my Sunday school teacher spent many hours schooling me. Praise The Lord. I am 67 yrs old and read my Bible every day. Thanks be to Jesus

    ReplyDelete