Monday, June 25

Jesus Calling - June 29th, 2024

Jesus Calling: June 29th

As you get out of bed in the morning, be aware of My Presence with you. You may not be thinking clearly yet, but I am. Your early morning thoughts tend to be anxious ones until you get connected with Me. Invite Me into your thoughts by whispering My Name. Suddenly your day brightens and feels more user-friendly. You cannot dread a day that is vibrant with My Presence.
     You gain confidence through knowing that I am with you - that you face nothing alone. Anxiety stems from asking the wrong question: "If such and such happens, can I handle it?" The true question is not whether you can cope with whatever happens, but whether you and I together can handle anything that occurs. It is this you-and-I-together factor that gives you the confidence to face the day cheerfully.

RELATED SCRIPTURE:

Psalm 5:3 (NLT)
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Additional insight regarding Psalm 5:1-3: The secret to a close relationship with God is to pray to him earnestly each morning. In the morning, our minds are more free from problems, and then we can commit the whole day to God. Regular communication helps any friendship and is certainly necessary for a strong relationship with God. We need to communicate with him daily. Do you have a regular time to pray and read God's word?

Psalm 63:1 (NLT)
A psalm of David, regarding a time when David was in the wilderness of Judah.
1 O God, you are my God;
    I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
    my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
    where there is no water.

Additional insight regarding Psalm 63:1-5: Hiding from his enemies in the barren wilderness of Judah, David was intensely lonely. He longed for a friend he could trust to ease his loneliness. No wonder he cried out, "O God,... my soul thirsts for you...in this parched and weary land." If you are lonely or thirsty for something lasting in your life, remember David's prayers. God alone can satisfy our deepest longings!

Philippians 4:13 (NLT)
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Additional insight regarding Philippians 4:13: Can we really do everything? The power we receive in union with Christ is sufficient to do his will and to face the challenges that arise from our commitment to doing it. He does not grant us superhuman ability to accomplish anything we can imagine without regard to his interests. As we contend for the faith, we will face troubles, pressures, and trials. As they come, ask Christ to strengthen you.

PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: June 28th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: June 30th

No comments:

Post a Comment