Saturday, May 12

Jesus Calling - June 11th, 2024

Jesus Calling: June 11th

     Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song. Do not let fear dissipate your energy. Instead, invest your energy in trusting Me and singing My Song. The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy. Therefore, you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts. Do not despise this weakness in yourself, since I am using it to draw you closer to Me. Your constant need for Me creates an intimacy that is well worth all the effort. You are not alone in this struggle for your mind. My Spirit living within you is ever ready to help in this striving. Ask Him to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.

RELATED BIBLE SCRIPTURES:

Isaiah 12:2 NLT
"See, God has come to save me.
    I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The Lord God is my strength and my song;
    he has given me victory."

Additional insight: This chapter of Isaiah is a hymn of praise - another graphic description of the people's joy when Jesus Christ comes to reign over the earth. Even now we need to express our gratitude to God, thanking him, praising him, and telling others about him. From the depths of our gratitude, we must praise him. And we should share the Good News with others.

Romans 8:6 NLT
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.

Additional insight regarding Romans 8:6: Once we have said yes to Jesus, we will want to continue following him, because his way brings life and peace. Daily we must consciously choose to center our life on God. Use the Bible to discover God's guidelines, and then follow them. In every perplexing situation, ask yourself - What would Jesus want me to do? When the Holy Spirit points out what is right, do it eagerly. For more on sinful nature versus our new life in Christ, see Romans 6:6-8, Ephesians 4:22-24, and Colossians 3:3-15.


PREVIOUS DAY'S JESUS CALLING: June 10th

NEXT DAY'S JESUS CALLING: June 12th

7 comments:

  1. Heavenly Father how you know me so well. This last week it was a control over my mind. Oh how I struggled. The years and years that I've had to endure. The twisting of my thoughts and my views. The enslavement I have had to put up with. And it wasn't just that but it's what I saw last week that I allowed to take control of my mind. It was so hard. I couldn't get the thoughts out of my head. And the more I kept thinking the deeper I got. It was so painful. And I just kept feeding it like a cancer. But I cried to you I cried to you and I cry to you. Every time I thought would come into my mind I will rebuke it in the Name of Christ. I cried out loud rebuke in the Name of Christ. I asked for your peace. And Lord you did not forsake me. This week my mind has been empty. You have cleared the cobwebs of Deceit lies and hurt. You have locked the doors to temptation to look back. And you have indeed brought me peace. I love you Lord. What you give to me is something that no person or nothing on Earth could ever fulfill. How can I do this without? I fall at your feet Yes Lord please continue to forgive me of all my sins and walk with me and be my strength. I will go wherever you go. I want so much to please you. Because I love you so much. Thank you Lord every time I open up a devotion or your word you are there speaking to me. And again this morning you reminded me to trust you and that you will guard my thoughts again and again and again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heavenly Father for another day. In Jesus Name Amen.

      Delete
    2. The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy. = Jesus never said that!
      Can we say "Never add your own words to the Bible?"
      What Jesus is this book all about? Yes there are bible verses, follow the WORD not Sarah.
      Thanks for reading this. Sorry if I offended you and please read the bible and steer clear of false teaching.
      There is no such thing as a Fabio Jesus.

      Delete
    3. AnonymousJune 11, 2023

      Clearly Sarah’s writings are not for the immature or babes. Reading anything, we have to know what is for us or not. Scripture was given by inspiration from God to man. (You know if you have been worrying or being a worry wart or not.) I have this book and go through it every year since being gifted with it 8 years ago, along with Bible. God had to inspire Sarah to write it, because most of it is based on scripture and me. It is such a blessing to me and so many others. God’s word is true and sometimes we can use helpers like concordance, dictionary, thesaurus, and Jesus Calling books to study and get a better understanding. In all our getting, kindly get understanding. ☮️

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 11, 2023

    Andy Jennings, YES Jesus said worry and battle for control of our minds is fierce and makes us vulnerable to evil. Worry is lack of trust and faith in Jesus. I believe the para phrasing by Sarah was clear to understand
    what is in bible .And unknowns comments were PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 12, 2023

    Mahalo Nui Loa Sarah🙏🏾
    Ur daily teaching are like Abba father
    speaking to me gentler with Aloha🫳🏾🫴🫳🏾
    Wen i read His Word it’s through my voice /head very harsh & rough🤜🏾🤛🏾
    U have a motherly caressing…
    Holy Spirit like nurturing. GodBless ur ministry🤲🏽 AloHa Ke Akua

    ReplyDelete