Thursday, April 12

Jesus Calling - April 17th, 2024

Jesus Calling: April 17th

     I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, not matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you.
     Don't let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it. Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is how I live in you and work through you. This is the way of Peace.


RECOMMENDED BIBLE VERSES:
Psalm 112:7 NLT
7 They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.

Isaiah 41:10 NLT
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Additional insight regarding Isaiah 41:10: All believers are God's chosen people, and all share the responsibility of representing Him to the world. One day God will bring all his faithful people together. We need not fear because (1) God is with us ("I am with you"); (2) God has established a relationship with us ("I am your God"); and (3) God gives us assurance of his strength, help, and victory over sin and death. Are you aware of all the ways God has helped you?


Today's Prayer:

Lord,

Train me in steadiness to maintain awareness of Your presence amidst life's countless distractions. Help me not to be thrown off course by unexpected events but to respond calmly and confidently, knowing You are with me and that You are in control. Let me share my joys and problems with You, experiencing Your peace in every moment—the kind of peace that surpasses all understanding. Amen.


Previous Date's Daily Devotional:
April 16th

Next Date's Daily Devotional:
April 18th

10 comments:

  1. ThankvYou God for thinking of me, training me, and equipping me to be able to deal with myself, others and Life. While giving You All the Glory, Honor and and Praise that You deserve! In Jesus Name...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord for awakening my spirit to align with Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He helps us thrive !

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU MAKE US STRONG WHEN TIMES ARE CHANGING ON THIS EARTH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m sorry Jesus when I get distracted from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m having knee replacement surgery today @ 4:15 pm. The scriptures used in todays devoting were so comforting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brand new to journaling, I had 4 ideas for prompts with Jesus Calling being the last I wrote down, but 1st I looked at… & there was This! How apropos! I’m journaling to remain steady. I think I’ve found my prompt 😉 Thank you!

    ReplyDelete